DHBC Juniors News

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 18 Feb 2010, 14:28

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know what's going on in DHBC Juniors. It's fantastic to welcome four new riders/members to the Club. Sam Weller, Seamus O'Sullivan, Alexander Kapruziak and Christopher Kesoglou. Welcome to everyone and their families/support teams, we hope you have a long and happy association with the club. It'd be great if all you seasoned riders could keep a look out for them and help them along with encouragement and advice.

We've had a number of generous donations to the DHBC Juniors clothing and equipment exchange box, so a big thanks to all you generous riders who've given. The box is there to help new riders get started with a minimum of expense.

It's a bit late, but I'm pleased to report that three DHBC Juniors riders entered the Southern Cross Junior Open Track event on Saturday the 6th of February at the Dunc Gray Velodrome. It was the first race for Adolpho Velez (U17) and Hugo Thompson (U15), and provided some welcome company for our most seasoned junior member Hugo Venville (U17). It was fantastic to have a presence at the event, and although we didn't get a podium finish in a very competitive field, all the riders gave it their best shot and did the Club proud. I should confess that Hugo Thompson was a dead cert for a 3rd in the U15M Miss and Out, until a "stage mother" incident cause him to pull up at the critical moment!

Regards,
Michelle Brown.
DHBC Juniors

timyone

Postby timyone » 18 Feb 2010, 20:49

a stage mother? who was it hugo? want us t get some boys onto her?

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 19 Feb 2010, 09:27

Its really great to see the juniors numbers growing in the club. Maybe we should look at setting up a sort of mentor program to help the juniors learn some tricks and help the seniors meet the juniors.

Julio

Postby Julio » 19 Feb 2010, 10:29

I can see it now...
G teaching the benefits of wearing smugglers.
Timmy can teach them about chocolate milk and its many applications with regards to recovery and bone regrowth.
Jon can teach them how to look cool and calm even when they are on the limit
Mikesbytes can give them spin lessons
Christian can show them how to grow great chops

hugo

Postby hugo » 19 Feb 2010, 14:49

Its really great to see the juniors numbers growing in the club. Maybe we should look at setting up a sort of mentor program to help the juniors learn some tricks and help the seniors meet the juniors.
i think it'd be really good just to get some more coaching happening. phil from southern x is at the track on wednesdays for us, and lindsay and michelle help him out, but other than that there's not that much for us. i'm sure plenty of you guys would be willing to help out with a bit of coaching and advice before you guys get on the track, wouldn't you?

timyone

Postby timyone » 19 Feb 2010, 16:08

i'm sure plenty of you guys would be willing to help out with a bit of coaching and advice before you guys get on the track, wouldn't you?
youd have to ask one of the official DHBC coaches :P
Id be worried about giving the wrong advice.

If you want my advice though, its all about chocolate milk :D

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 19 Feb 2010, 18:32

I agree its great to see DHBC juniors growing. Thanks to Michelle for the hard work and I think that some of the coaching accredited trackies need to step up here

timyone

Postby timyone » 20 Feb 2010, 13:07

I agree its great to see DHBC juniors growing. Thanks to Michelle for the hard work and I think that some of the coaching accredited trackies need to step up here
Thats the spirit :D whos acredited :D Christian? is there any one else?
we may need the rad ones that ride the track a bi to do it as well to help him :D

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 20 Feb 2010, 15:42

Christian, MikeC and Jo are accredited track regulars. Maybe others who have escaped my head.

timyone

Postby timyone » 20 Feb 2010, 17:23

oh cool :D ill do my best to egg them on :D

Return to “Track”