Australian Masters Track Championships - Tasmania

For all things Velodrome
Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 01 Apr 2009, 16:42

Im down in the great state of Tassie competing in the Aussie Masters Track Champs in Launceston.

The velodrome is great. The Silverdome. It is 285m and a bit around with banking not quite as steep as Dunc Grey. The weather is overcast with occasionanl drizzle but still warmish and humid. Certainly not cold.

Today was the first day - Time Trials.

For MMAS 2 its 1000m. I havent been doing much training on the track so would be happy with a PB. 1000m on the silverdome is 3.5 laps.

After a poor start by not timing myself outta the gate properly i quickly wound up. I was cruising, but really started to feel it at the 500m mark. with one lap to go i was almost gone, i dug deep and stopped the clock in 1.22.06. At the time i was a bit disappointed it was a PB but not by much. I thought my previous best was about 1.22.5. I was aiming for maybe a sub 1.20.

When i got back to the hotel i looked up my previous best and found i had bettered my mark by 1.6 secs. My prev best was 1.23.6 set at the worlds last year. I am pretty pleased with that. Not world class but my best nonetheless.

The winning time was 1.08.3 i think. 2nd and 3rd were also around here. Gavin White took 2nd i think.

Pursuits tomorrow. I think i will have a look around town. Pursuits are not for me!!!

timyone

Postby timyone » 01 Apr 2009, 20:51

thanx for the update!!
man we checked out the silverdome whenwe were there last nice place!!!

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 01 Apr 2009, 21:00

When i got back to the hotel i looked up my previous best and found i had bettered my mark by 1.6 secs. My prev best was 1.23.6 set at the worlds last year. I am pretty pleased with that. Not world class but my best nonetheless.

The winning time was 1.08.3 i think. 2nd and 3rd were also around here. Gavin White took 2nd i think.

Pursuits tomorrow. I think i will have a look around town. Pursuits are not for me!!!
Hey well done Matty, that's a fantastic effort! I always think as long as you keep on improving it's a good thing.

How are the Tassie boys doing? I hear alot of no names with good handicaps always come out of the wood work at the Christmas carnivals....Are they showing up for the nationals?

timyone

Postby timyone » 01 Apr 2009, 21:28

yeah is theo theol down there? do you know any thing about how hes going?
or the bisci sport team?

Return to “Track”