Important. Renewal/take up of Memberships/Licences

Club News and Announcements
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 23 Dec 2009, 12:23

Hi,

As we grow old (but get fitter), the years go by even quicker.

Its that time of the year to renew your membership and licence for 2010. Cycling Australia and all the clubs are encouraging close to 100% of this to be done online as it reduces errors, handling and frees up valuable time for all club officials who are all volunteers.

I appreciate that there is still a lag between ordering licences and getting these, so get in early. Its important you keep your receipt as these are accepted for racing at events in January and February where new licences are still 'in the post'. Anyone doing the Track series should be renewing their licences immediately.

For those who are fairly new to riding, we promote a 'try before you buy (at your own risk)' policy for your first two or three rides. After that we do insist you make a choice of wanting to join the club and get a licence, or not proceed with riding with the club. Its very important for insurance, for rules (including UCI and State and Australian Laws), and for organisational purposes, that people register if they enjoy riding with DHBC.

In the past some have raised other riding memberships as being sufficient to ride with DHBC (eg. Bicycle NSW, Triathlon, etc). Whilst there may be some crossover in insurance (which are yet to be tested), these organisations do not capture UCI regulations, Cycling Australia indemnity provisions, and acceptance of state and Australian road rules, plus all the extra responsibilities potential members sign up for when choosing to ride with a club.

In short - if you wish to continue to ride (beyond introductory trial) with us, you mush become a member. If you have any questions on this feel free to approach one of the club executive (Marian L, James M, James T-Bone, Adrian E, Simon L, Lindsay M, Camilla, or myself).

For many members recreational membership/licencing will be ideal at $77. Most of this is insurance and the rest is Cycling NSW/Australia admin costs as well as very nominal DHBC members charge (all clubs have same levy). Its a bargain when you consider its for a full year and equivalent to buying five breakfasts at Marrickville Road Cafe or one good tyre plus two tubes.

Those renewing for kids be aware that the KIDZ licence does not cover racing. You will have to pay for the racing licences if you wish for junior to race.

Here is the straight through processing link:

http://www.cycling.org.au/default.asp?M ... ip/20013/0

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 23 Dec 2009, 12:30

FYI here are all the categories:

Member Type
Club: Dulwich Hill BC

Elite - $255.00
Jun Boy Under 13 - $114.00
Jun Girl Under 13 - $114.00
Jun Men Under 15 - $114.00
Jun Men Under 17 - $114.00
Jun Men Under 19 - $202.00
Jun Under 11 - $114.00
Jun Under 9 - $114.00
Jun Women Under 15 - $114.00
Jun Women Under 17 - $114.00
Jun Women Under 19 - $202.00
KIDZ - $10.00
Men Masters Div 1 - $202.00
Men Masters Div 2 - $202.00
Men Masters Div 3 - $202.00
Men Masters Div 4 - $202.00
Men Masters Div 5 - $202.00
Men Masters Div 6 - $202.00
Men Masters Div 7 - $202.00
Men Masters Div 8 - $114.00
Men Masters Div 9 - $114.00
Recreational - $77.00
Recreational Jnr - $16.50
Sport Licence - $110.00
Under 23 - $255.00
Women Masters Div 1 - $202.00
Women Masters Div 2 - $202.00
Women Masters Div 3 - $202.00
Women Masters Div 4 - $202.00
Women Masters Div 5 - $202.00
Women Masters Div 6 - $202.00
Women Masters Div 7 - $202.00
Women Masters Div 8 - $114.00
Women Masters Div 9 - $114.00

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 23 Dec 2009, 13:07

Clubs are affiliated with Cycling Australia, and subject to the same rules. Beyond benefits of insurance, there are some very practical and necessary acceptances around risks and authority to act, etc in case of accidents.

Terms and Conditions of membership
UPON SIGNING THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM AND LICENCE CARD, THE APPLICANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE CONDITIONS

I hereby declare that I am aware of no reason why I should not be issued with the licence requested. I declare that I have not applied for a licence for the same year to the UCI or to any other National Federation. I assume exclusive liability for the application and for the use that I shall make of the licence.

I hereby undertake to respect the Constitution and Regulations of the International Cycling Union, its Continental Confederations and its National Federations.

I shall participate in cycling competitions or events in a fair and sporting manner. I shall submit to disciplinary measures taken against me and shall take any appeals and litigation before the authorities provided for in The Regulations.

All members/license holders are bound by the Australian Cycling Federation Anti-Doping Policy. This policy applies to:

• Any person competing in any competition under the control ACF or on any facilities of the ACF.

• Any person who has competed in the last 12 months or who has used ACF facilities in the last 12 months.

• Any person who is a member of the ACF, a State Cycling Association or any body affiliated to the ACF.

• Any person taking part in or involved with any sporting activity conducted or authorised by the ACF.

• Any person who administers, managers, coaches or assists in cycling.

All of the above are bound by the policy and must comply with it. Copies of the Policy are available from the office of ACF and on its website at www.cycling.org.au

Furthermore:

• They are liable for selection by a drug-testing agency to provide samples for testing whether in Australia or overseas

• ACF and its authorized officers have the power to search bags, possessions, and clothing for prohibited substances and to take, keep and analyse any substance, which is found.

Should I participate in a cycling race where a drug test is conducted under the UCI Drug Test Regulations, I agree to submit to such drug tests. I agree that the results of the analysis may be made public and communicated in detail to my club, team or trade team or to my coach or doctor. I undertake to submit any protests concerning drug abuse to the “Court of Arbitration for Sport” (CAS), whose decision I shall accept as final. I agree that all urine samples taken shall become the property of the UCI, which may have them analysed, especially for purposes of health protection research and information. I agree that my doctor or the doctor of my club, team or trade team may, on a request from the UCI, communicate to it a list of any medicines I took and treatment I underwent before any given competition.

I accept the conditions regarding blood tests and accept to undergo blood tests.

ASSUMPTION OF RISK

NOTE: Section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (“the Act”) implies a warranty of due care and skill into contracts for the supply of services to consumers, as defined in the Act. To the extent that the warranty applies to any contract relevant to the Release and Waiver of Liability, it cannot be excluded.

a) The PARTICIPANT must disclose any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either the PARTICIPANT or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage.

b) The PARTICIPANT acknowledges that the ORGANISER relies on information provided by the PARTICIPANT, and the PARTICIPANT states that all such information is accurate and complete.

c) The PARTICIPANT acknowledges that cycling can be a dangerous activity. The PARTICIPANT recognises that there are risks specifically associated with the activity. The remoteness of the areas in which a ride takes place. sudden and unexpected changes in weather. Physical exertion for which the PARTICIPANT may not be prepared. Difficulties in evacuation if the PARTICIPANT is or becomes disabled.

d) The PARTICIPANT understands and acknowledges the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance before or during

a ride, and the PARTICIPANT accepts full responsibility for injury, loss or damage associated with the consumption of alcohol or any other mind-altering substance.

e) The PARTICIPANT agrees with the ORGANISER in connection with the ride. In particular, the PARTICIPANT has been advised to wear an approved helmet

at all times during the ride. If a PARTICIPANT fails to comply with the ORGANISER’S rules and/or directions, the PARTICIPANT will not be permitted to ride or to continue to ride, and no refund will be given.

f) The PARTICIPANT accepts all risks associated with the activity, including the possibility or injury, death, loss or damage.

g) The PARTICIPANT agrees to indemnify the ORGANISER against all claims made by any other person against the ORGANISER in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the PARTICIPANT’S failure to comply with the ORGANISER’S rules and/or directions.

h) The PARTICIPANT agrees and acknowledges that, to the extent permitted by law, the ORGANISER shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by the PARTICIPANT or by any other person arising from or in connection with the PARTICIPANT’S participation in the ride, whether such injury, loss or damage was caused directly or indirectly by the negligence of the ORGANISER or otherwise, or by the ORGANISER’S servants or agents.

The PARTICIPANT hereby releases the ORGANISER from all such claims, and indemnifies the ORGANISER against all claims made by or on behalf of any other person.

i) To the extent permitted by law, the PARTICIPANT acknowledges and agrees that all warranties, covenants and stipulations are hereby excluded.

j) All accidents, injuries, loss or damage must be reported by the PARTICIPANT to the ORGANISER before the PARTICIPANT leaves the venue.

k) If the PARTICIPANT suffers any injury or illness, the PARTICIPANT agrees that the ORGANISER may provide evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment at the PARTICIPANT’S expense, and the PARTICIPANT’S acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes the PARTICIPANT’S consent to such evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment.

l) I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND THAT IT HAS BEEN EXPLAINED TO ME, AS REQUIRED. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I SIGNED THE DOCUMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.

PRIVACY STATEMENT
The ACF is committed to the protection and privacy of members’ information.

The ACF requires the information requested in this form in order to provide you with the membership services of the ACF. Any personal information provided will only be used in accordance with the objects and purposes of the ACF, ACF general business and to provide you with membership services. If the requested personal information is not provided you may not be able to receive the full benefits of membership of ACF. The ACF will not disclose any personally identifiable information obtained from you to other parties for purposes other than those stated above without your written consent, except in circumstances where disclosure is required to prevent a threat to health or life or is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law. The ACF records members personal information on a national database protected by appropriate security protocols. The records of members who are accredited coaches or commissaires are also provided to the Australian Sports Commission for the purposes of administering these national accreditation schemes. Individuals will be able to access their personal information through the ACF upon reasonable notice.

Return to “News and Announcements”